A player in the Construction and Oil & Gas upstream sector in Nigeria requires the services of a Surveyor.
Job Title: Surveyor
Location: Port Harcourt
Job Status: Full Time
The successful candidate must be a proactive, dependable, responsible individual with a strong work ethic who has the ability to handle multiple and varied tasks. He or she should be able to maximize project margin and add value to the construction process by proactive involvement in procurement, cost management and reporting.
The duties and responsibilities shall include, but not limited to:
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Measure, value, submit and negotiate contract variations.
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- To carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales.
- Prepare submit and negotiate project final accounts
- Commercial vetting of sub contractor tenders and contracts
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts
- Ensure that business commercial processes are adhered to at project level
- Assist in preparation and adherence to project purchasing targeting and costing budgets
- All other functions related to the job function
Bachelor degree preferably in surveying, construction, civil engineering, and structural engineering (Professional license/ Qualification would be an added advantage)
5 years experience in a related position
Interested candidates should submit their CVs below with Surveyor as the subject heading.