A player in the Construction and Oil & Gas upstream sector in Nigeria requires the services of a Marketing Executive.
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Port Harcourt
The successful candidate must be a proactive, dependable, responsible individual with a strong work ethic who has the ability to handle multiple and varied tasks. He or she would report to the Managing Director and advice on all marketing related functions such as market research and analysis, project & business development, project launches as well as executing marketing plans.
Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information, preparing profit and loss statements, and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures.
- Prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Analyze and review budgets and expenditures for different contracts and jobs.
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control.
- Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Recommend, develop and maintain financial data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Monitor and resolve bank issues including fee anomalies and check differences account/bank reconciliations
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develop the annual operating budget and consult with departmental management on the fiscal aspects of project planning and other administrative actions.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Qualification: HND, Bsc.
Experience: 5 years experience in a related position
Desired Course(s): Accounting (ICAN Membership)
Interested candidates should submit their CVs below with Accountant as the subject heading.