Would you like to be part of the Regional Emergency Response team?
Regional Emergency Accountant
CARE East & Central Africa region is seeking a strong finance person as the Regional Emergency Accountant to ensure adequate support and appropriate level of oversight to country offices.
Under the leadership of the Regional Controller,
- S/he will prepare and review financial donor reports, budgets and data analysis for the various countries.
- The post holder will support country finance teams in reviewing of processes and ensuring compliance with CARE policy and donor regulations.
- They will support in budget monitoring, development of tools and work with Country program teams to ensure effective grants management.
- The role will be required to build capacity of finance teams at field office level, as well as provide appropriate training in finance policies and procedures.
- The incumbent will be required to make extensive travel within the region.
- Should have experience in a similar finance position, be a qualified accountant or equivalent.
- Have over five years experience in accounting, financial management, budgeting, financial reporting, grants/contract management and compliance with national regulatory environment
- Should show demonstrable experience in managing diverse donors e.g. USAID, EC, ECHO. Including knowledge f donor compliance
- Have thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and have problem solving and audit skills. They should have ability to work on a detailed level while understanding the larger picture.
- Should have proficiency in MS Office and financial software applications
- Posses strong oral and written communication skills;
- This role reports to Regional Controller and works closely with Deputy Regional Controller and Country Controllers.
- This is a temporary position for an initial period of 4 – 6 months.
- If you meet the above requirements, you are the candidate we are looking for and are encouraged to apply at email@example.com.
- Closing date is 16th September 2012.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.