Nigeria LNG Limited, a world class company helping to build a better Nigeria, seeks to engage suitable candidates for immediate Direct and Fixed-Term Contract Employment (Class teachers and Nurses only for an initial 5 years period with possible renewal), in the following positions:
Job Title: Senior Marine Supervisor
The candidate will be required to ensure safe ship/shore operations and cargo transfer at tanker and MOF jetties, coordinate agency and government port services, and maintain ship scheduling coordination with Production, Shipping and Marketing.
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Undertake pre-arrival checks for vessels calling at Bonny terminals – communicate documents, target plans, mooring plans, tug handling, and contact pilots
- Conduct pre-operations toolbox meetings – advice pilots and tugs for safe operations. Supervise berth operations and ensure adequate controls for safe maneuvering, mooring, unmooring and safe access as well as review the performance of port, berth and cargo operations and make proposals for improvements
- Conduct safety and operational checks – ship / shore checklist, pre-load meeting and routine 4 hourly verification checks for vessels in port.
- Establish communications, agree on safe operational criteria’s and contingency plans
- Verify, monitor vessel ballast, quantity, sample collection, sight and comment on overboard discharge valves.
- Liaise with agents and local authorities to ensure timely and effective coordination of vessel clearance formalities and requirement notifications for vessel port calls as well as attend periodic tests, surveys, transfers, etc…
- Monitor terminal equipments – operation of capstans, Doppler’s, weather parameters, ropes, gangway and recommend maintenance
- Assist terminal and boat emergency exercises / emergency response actions and report / investigate technical non conformances / incidents
- Administer and Monitor HSE compliance for all vessel and terminal operations and ensure they are conducted with HSE regulations
- Attend ship / shore documentations prior to vessel sailing and monitor communication for safe channel transit until vessel clears Bonny Terminal, channel and approaches.
The right candidate should:
- Possess a minimum of Class 2 Certificate of Competency (Foreign Going) in Marine Navigation or a Bachelors degree in Marine Navigation obtained at a minimum of Second Class Upper Division.
- Possess a minimum of 5 years experience in the Marine industry including service on Gas and or Oil tankers up to and including the rank of 2nd officer on Gas tankers for not less than 2 years or Chief Officer on Oil tankers for not less than 3 years.
- Have shore experience in shipping or terminal operations as an added advantage
- Possess good interpersonal and analytical skills, with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Not be more than 40 years of age
Method of Application
Applicants should send their resumes to:Go To Website to apply
Note: Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to the outright disqualification of such candidate(s).Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.