Founded in 1951 to meet the needs of the educationally disadvantaged, World Education provides training and technical assistance in non-formal education across a wide array of sectors. Registered as a private voluntary organization, World Education has worked in over 50 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America, as well as in the United States. World Education contributes to individual growth, strengthens the capacity of local partner institutions, catalyzes community and national development. World Education’s approach is characterized by a commitment to meaningful and equal partnership that is flexible and evolves over time, and is based on mutual interest and trust. In its role as catalyst, World Education strives to develop assets such as good health, literacy, numeracy, business and civic participation skills, and access to credit. World Education promotes local autonomy by partnering with stakeholders to plan and implement their programs for social and economic change, appropriate to the local context and the needs of grassroots constituents.
World Education, Inc. is a US-based non for profit organization aimed at improving the lives of marginalized people through education (formal & non formal) training, institutional development, and targeted technical assistance. The above position are available pending an award of a USAID/Ghana Education Learning Program. Position are full time and will be located in Accra Ghana.
Candidates for the above position are needed.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s Degree in marketing, communications, political science, public policy, education, community development or related fields
- Knowledge and experience in community organizing. Familiarity with community development principles and tools that strengthen community participation
How To Apply
- Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV (including three references) to: email@example.com.
- World Education will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis up until the application deadline.
- WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. M/F/H/V/D
- Please visit our website at: www.worlded.org for more information.
Deadline:10th August 2012