Founded in 1951 to meet the needs of the educationally disadvantaged, World Education provides training and technical assistance in non-formal education across a wide array of sectors. Registered as a private voluntary organization, World Education has worked in over 50 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America, as well as in the United States. World Education contributes to individual growth, strengthens the capacity of local partner institutions, catalyzes community and national development. World Education’s approach is characterized by a commitment to meaningful and equal partnership that is flexible and evolves over time, and is based on mutual interest and trust. In its role as catalyst, World Education strives to develop assets such as good health, literacy, numeracy, business and civic participation skills, and access to credit. World Education promotes local autonomy by partnering with stakeholders to plan and implement their programs for social and economic change, appropriate to the local context and the needs of grassroots constituents.
World Education, Inc. is a US-based non for profit organization aimed at improving the lives of marginalized people through education (formal & non formal) training, institutional development, and targeted technical assistance. The above position are available pending an award of a USAID/Ghana Education Learning Program. Position are full time and will be located in Accra Ghana.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design a user friendly M&E system that tracks program indicators and gathers regular data in a timely fashion, including logical frameworks, indicators aligning with USAID and GOE frameworks, and means of verification;
- Design research framework to capture qualitative and quantitative baseline data on the status of the early grade literacy project
Salary: competitive and commensurate with experience
Required Skills or Experience
- Advanced degree with a minimum 5 years of experience developing M&E systems
- Previous experience in monitoring and evaluation of USAID projects (practical policies and guidelines is a plus)’
- Extensive experience working with the Ministry of Education and Ghana Education Services;
- Demonstrated applied skills in M&E methods and use of data for improving core project outcomes;
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV (including three references) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
World Education will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis up until the application deadline.
WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. M/F/H/V/D
Please visit our website at: www.worlded.org for more information.
Deadline: 10th August 2012