World Education, Inc. is a US-based non for profit organization aimed at improving the lives of marginalized people through education (formal & non formal) training, institutional development, and targeted technical assistance. The above position are available pending an award of a USAID/Ghana Education Learning Program. Position are full time and will be located in Accra Ghana.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall program technical, managerial, and financial Leadership, working closely with USAID and other key actors and stakeholder
- Oversee procurement of selected services according to USAID and WEI procedures
- Provide direct managerial oversight to all staff, consultants and NGO partners, fostering professional development of staff
- Provide technical leadership and quality assurance in the design, delivery and evaluation of materials to strengthen teacher preparation and ability to teach reading, using NALAP as a base
- Promote financial management standards, transparency, and accountability in compliance with USAID rules and regulations
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
Required Skills or Experience
- 8+ years of relevant field experience in educational development, teacher training, instructional material/curriculum development
- Demonstrated experience managing and providing technical, administrative and financial guidance and supervision to a development program
- Experience with USAID project management policies, procedures and reporting requirements
How To Apply
- Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV (including three references) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- World Education will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis up until the application deadline.
- WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. M/F/H/V/D
- Please visit our website at: www.worlded.org for more information.
Deadline: 1o August 2012