TSHIP (Targeted States High Impact Projects) is a five-year program focused on the improvement of Health Systems and the Management of Health Systems for higher quality Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health, Family Planning, and Reproductive Health service delivery in Nigeria.
- Implement the project cost share plan;
- Retroactively document all cost share opportunities that has not been documented from project inception;
- Maintain/update/manage the cost share tracking sheet;
- Ensure all documented cost share is timely processed in QuickBook;
- Develop monthly cost share analysis reports against sub objective teams w/plan budgets and same with technical staff and;
- Play the role of the alternate Accountant and in her/his absence perform the following tasks and duties: -
- Setting up and maintaining the project’s financial accounts
- Entering all transactions into the computerized accounting systems (QuickBooks);
- Preparing and closing of monthly field accounts for submission to the Home Office;
- Processing payments to vendors for goods and services;
- In consultation with Finance and Administration Specialist, processing payroll;
- Monitoring and preparing statutory deductions payments on behalf of project staff;
- Monitoring and analyzing employee advance accounts;
- Oversees the maintenance and disbursement of petty cash;
- Assisting the Finance and Administration Specialist in financial forecasting;
- Monitoring project expenses and generating financial reports from QuickBooks;
- Assisting the Administrative Assistance in maintaining project inventory, including tagging of equipment and furniture, tracking its location and condition, preparing and submitting USAID required reports;
- Preparing/updating on monthly bases the workplan budget tracking sheets and share the same with sub objective team leaders/FAS/DFSS;
- Other duties as assigned by superiors within the capacity of his/her of profession.
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with others; role requires serving multiple constituencies and moving initiatives forward.
- Good skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and QuickBooks or similar accounting package; comfortable in a Windows PC environment
- Ability to prioritize and multitasking of varied objectives and duties.
- Ability to work independent with minimal supervision and maintain flexibility in working hours
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Display cultural, gender, religion and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Interested candidates should visit http://tshipnigeria.org/index.php/current-vacancies
Deadline: Monday 30th July, 2012