Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant for Data Analysis
( Local, open to Kenyan Nationals only)
UN Children’s Fund
M&E Consultant – Data Analysis( Local contract) Location: Nairobi Duration: 2 month
A global rollout of DevInfo 7 is planned in the last quarter of 2012. To ensure that the region takes full advantage of this facility, the ESAROInfo Database is being established.
The Database will serve as a repository of information for all sections in the Regional office and will facilitate data analysis and production of reports for the situation of children and women in the region.
This activity is part of the M&E section work plan for 2012.
Purpose of the consultancy
The purpose of the consultancy is to establish the ESAROInfo database and update the regional profiles for ESAR.
Scope of Work
The consultant will work under the oversight of the DevInfo Focal Point for ESARO. The work assignment includes the following:
Identify core sets of Human Development Indicators
Identify different data sets and sources for reporting on Human development Indicators and validate the accuracy
Establish ESAROInfo database using the available data, to provide trends and status of key Human Development Indicators
Develop and update the regional profile on the situation of children and women with focus on equity
- Compilation of core sets of Human Development Indicators
- Analysis and validation of different data sets and sources for HD indicators
- Establishment of the ESAROInfo database
- Updated Regional profiles for the situation of children and women in ESAR, with focus on equity.
Roles and responsibilities
- The consultant will be responsible for all deliverables listed above.
- She/he will work under the supervision of Edward Addai, Regional Chief, Monitoring and Evaluation.
Desired background and experience
- University degree in Statistics, Business, Project Administration
- Excellent knowledge of office applications
- Strong analytical skills
- Good writing and presentation skills
- 1-2 years of experience in data analysis, data processing and reporting
All products and data developed or collected for this consultancy are the intellectual property of UNICEF. The consultant may not publish or disseminate the final report or any other documents produced from this consultancy without the express permission of and acknowledgement of UNICEF.
Conditions of work
The consultant will be provided with basic office support from UNICEF (computer, desk space etc.)
How to apply:
Interested and suitably qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications comprising the following documentation to UNICEF ESARO until 23 July 2012:
- Letter of motivation;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Form P11
- UN staffs are requested to provide the last two Performance Evaluation Reports (PERs).
Please quote the post title in the subject line of your application
Complete application files should be addressed by email to: email@example.com
The start date of the assignment is 1st August, 2012.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.