Information Systems Manager
Reporting to the Directors:
Our client a group of companies in the manufacturing sector with Interests across different sectors of the economy is seeking to fill the vacancy of an Information Systems Manager.
This position is responsible for the strategic and operational management of the organization’s information and technology needs, including the implementation and integration of system and technology initiatives necessary to achieve organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluating user needs and system functionality and ensuring that ICT facilities meet these needs;
- Developing, recommending and documenting plans, policy, standards, procedures and checklists
- Analyzing requirements and developing functional and design specifications
- Planning, developing and implementing the ICT budget, obtaining competitive prices from suppliers, to ensure cost effectiveness;
- Scheduling upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems;
- Researching and installing new systems;
- Ensuring the smooth running of all ICT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and email provision;
- Ensuring that software licensing laws are adhered to;
- Providing secure access to the network for remote users;
- Ensuring the security of data from internal and external attack;
- Providing users with appropriate support and advice;
- Managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems;
- Mentoring and training new ICT support staff;
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies.
- Honors degree; in ICT, Mathematics, Business or related fields
- Knowledge of programming or systems analysis
- SQL, SAP Business one a Must
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- 5 plus years of IT experience in working and implementing IT solutions
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Gujarati Speaking qualified candidates are also encouraged to apply
Potential, qualified and interested candidates are required to submit their application in soft copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd July 2012.