RTI INTERNATIONAL has received funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement the 5-year USAID/Uganda School Health and Reading Program in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Sports of the Government of Uganda. The primary objectives of the program are to improve early grade reading outcomes for children in primary school and to develop sustainable health education systems that support national HIV/AIDS prevention efforts.
RTI is an independent, nonprofit institute dedicated to improving the human condition. With a staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers a full spectrum of innovative and multidisciplinary research, development and technical services worldwide. RTI is the lead implementer of the USAID/Uganda School Health and Reading Program and is seeking suitable candidates to fill the following positions:
- Will assist in providing a wide range of administrative and support duties for the program.
- S/he will coordinate office space for visiting RTI/USA staff or outside consultants and is responsible for daily office cleaning, resupply, and maintaining office supply stocks.
- S/he will assist in coordination of meetings with USAID/Uganda and other USAID supported partners, type general correspondence, answer telephone calls and perform other administrative taste as needed.
- At least one year of relevant office experience with word processing experience required;
- Demonstrated effective typing skills using a computer required; Working knowledge of telephone system and standard office equipment, fax and photocopier;
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications including Excel and Word Proficiency in technical typing preferred;
- Ability to organize and effectively process and maintain records and files;
- Discreet in the judgment and management of confidential matters, materials and sensitive issues.
How to apply:
All positions are expected to be based in Kampala, Uganda and require fluency in English and excellent interpersonal, communication and team work skills. Please email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 13, 2012.
Applicants must include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of their email. To team more about RTI and our work in international development, please visit: www.rti.org/idg.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.