RTI International has received funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement the 5-year USAID/Uganda School Health and Reading Program in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Sports of the Government of Uganda. The primary objectives of the program are to improve early grade reading outcomes for children in primary school and to develop sustainable health education systems that support national HIV/AIDS prevention efforts.
RTI is an independent, nonprofit institute dedicated to improving the human condition. With a staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers a full spectrum of innovative and multidisciplinary research, development and technical services worldwide. RTI is the lead implementer of the USAID/Uganda School Health and Reading Program and is seeking suitable candidates to fill the following positions:
- Will Support Windows PCs and Windows Servers and maintain network infrastructure including ISP, router, Ethernet switch, PABX and VoIP.
- S/he will set up, maintain, and support the IT infrastructure for additional project offices as they are established.
- S/he will assist with technical specifications, budget, and forecast the IT requirements for the offices and coordinate the procurement for the same.
- The IT Specialist will ensure compliance with RTI Information Security policies and procedures and supervise the performance of any local IT firms or staff hired to support the project offices.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field with 6 years experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows PCs, servers, printers and networks of similar work environment;
- Microsoft or networking certifications on the above platforms preferred;
- Supervisory and NGO, experience preferred; Local IT market awareness desired.
How to apply:
All positions are expected to be based in Kampala, Uganda and require fluency in English and excellent interpersonal, communication and team work skills.
Please email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 13, 2012.
Applicants must include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of their email. To team more about RTI and our work in international development, please visit: www.rti.org/idg.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.