RTI Interntional has received funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement the 5-year USAID/Uganda School Health and Reading Program in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Sports of the Government of Uganda. The primary objectives of the program are to improve early grade reading outcomes for children in primary school and to develop sustainable health education systems that support national HIV/AIDS prevention efforts.
RTI is an independent, nonprofit institute dedicated to improving the human condition. With a staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers a full spectrum of innovative and multidisciplinary research, development and technical services worldwide. RTI is the lead implementer of the USAID/Uganda School Health and Reading Program and is seeking suitable candidates to fill the following positions:
District Education & Health Coordinator.
- Will facilitate the transfer of knowledge, and ensure smooth implementation of logistics and funding flows without interruptions.
- DEHCs will assist with the central and local governments in improving and coordinating the implementation of project activities aimed at improvement of literacy in early grades and HIV/AIDS education in primary and post-primary schools.
- DEHCs will provide support to the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and impact assessment efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social work, public health, or related field with 6 years of increasingly responsible experience in coordinating projects in the education/health/social sector,
- Fully competent in information systems skills, particularly in publications software; Strong planning, community mobilization and inter-cultural communication skills required;
- Experience working on a USAID-funded or other donor project pertaining to technical and organization capacity development. Preferred:
- Experience working with district local governments.
How to apply:
All positions are expected to be based in Kampala, Uganda and require fluency in English and excellent interpersonal, communication and team work skills.
Please email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 13, 2012.
Applicants must include the Position Title in the subject line of their email. To team more about RTI and our work in international development, please visit: www.rti.org/idg.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.