RTI International has received funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement the 5-year USAID/Uganda School Health and Reading Program in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Sports of the Government of Uganda. The primary objectives of the program are to improve early grade reading outcomes for children in primary school and to develop sustainable health education systems that support national HIV/AIDS prevention efforts.
RTI is an independent, nonprofit institute dedicated to improving the human condition. With a staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers a full spectrum of innovative and multidisciplinary research, development and technical services worldwide. RTI is the lead implementer of the USAID/Uganda School Health and Reading Program and is seeking suitable candidates to fill the following positions:
- Will assist with management of finances and administration of the program and ensure compliance with RTI financial procedures.
- S/he will prepare and submit monthly financial statements (including expenses, receivable and payables).
- S/he will ensure timely submission of expense reports, bank reconciliations and wire transfer requests to corporate headquarters in the US and/or to RTI’s regional office in Nairobi. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/accounting and 3 years relevant experience; Knowledge of institutional accounting and budgeting practices, especially those used by USAID;
- Audit experience is a plus; Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, and Access.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks preferred.
How to apply:
All positions are expected to be based in Kampala, Uganda and require fluency in English and excellent interpersonal, communication and team work skills.
Please email cover letter and CV to email@example.com by July 13, 2012.
Applicants must include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of their email. To team more about RTI and our work in international development, please visit: www.rti.org/idg.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.