Renewable Energy and Climate Change Advisor
KPMG DAS wishes to secure the services of Renewable Energy and Climate Change Advisor who will be reporting to AECF Tanzania Country Representative (with a dotted line to REACT Manager).
To be located in Dar es Salaam but with extensive travel to other parts of Tanzania, the successful candidate will be responsible for bringing technical expertise to the tasks of selecting, managing, and monitoring AECF projects in Tanzania.
The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) has contracted KPMG Development Advisory Services (KPMG DAS) to provide fund management services for the Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund (the AECF or the Fund).
AGRA have contracted KPMG DAS to set up and implement a “special windows” of the AECF (in essence a series of targeted competitions) called “Renewable Energy and Adaptive Climate Technologies (REACT) which focuses on identifying and funding innovative private sector projects in renewable energy (off-grid solutions, biogas, bio-mass) and climate adaptation services and technologies (water management, agricultural adaptation) Both windows became operational in Oct 2010.
Skills and Experience:
- 5- 8 years experience in renewable energy and/or climate change fields
- Excellent planning, facilitation and mentoring skills
- Experience of supporting private sector organizations to strengthen their operations
- Experience of supporting organizations to strengthen their approaches to monitoring, learning and evaluation
- Understanding of the Tanzania business operating environment
- Understanding of the operations of Development Partners
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Graduate/Masters qualification in related field
- High performing team player, able to contribute to the effectiveness of AECF Tanzania’s programme management, but also effective working independently and without supervision
- Adaptability and flexibility intaking on,and contributing to, new approaches
- Willingness to learn and support learning of others
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Applications should be sent to the following address by:
17.00 pm, 20th August 2012.
“AECF Professional Positions”
KPMG Tanzania, 11th Floor, PPF Tower
Garden Avenue/Ohio Street
P 0 Box 1160, Dar es Salaam.