KPMG DAS wishes to secure the services of an Agribusiness Advisor who will be reporting to AECF Tanzania Country Representative and will be responsible for supporting AECF grantees and prospective grantees.
To be located in Dar es Salaam but with extensive travel to other parts ofTanzania, the successful candidate will be responsible for bringing in the technical expertise to the tasks of selecting, managing and
monitoring AECF projects in Tanzania.
The Alliance for a Green Revolution ¡n Africa (AGRA) has contracted KPMG Development Advisory Services (KPMG DAS) to provide fund management services for the Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund (the AECF or the Fund).
AGRA have contracted KPMG DAS to set up and implement a “special window” of the AECF (in essence a series of targeted competitions) called “Tanzania Agribusiness Window” (TZAW). This Window became operational in October 2010.
TZAW will focus on making agribusiness markets work better for the poor inTanzania by sourcing, selecting and supporting private sector agribusiness to invest in new, innovative and commercially viable business ideas that have a large development impact on the rural poor in Tanzania.
Skills and Experience:
- 5- 8 years experience in agribusiness
- Excellent planning, facilitation and mentoring skills
- Experience of supporting private sector organizations to strengthen their operations
- Experience of supporting organizations to strengthen their approaches to monitoring, learning and evaluation
- Understanding oftheTanzania business operating environment
- Understanding ofthe operations of Development Partners
- Fluency in written and spoken English and KiSwahili
- Graduate/Masters qualification in Agriculture/Agricultural Economics/Business
- High performing team player, able to contribute to the effectiveness of AECFTanzania’s programme management, but also effective working independently and without supervision
- Adaptability and flexibility ¡n taking on, and contributing to, new approaches
- Willingness to learn and support learning of others
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Applications should be sent to the following address by:
17.00 pm, 20th August 2012.
“AECF Professional Positions”
KPMG Tanzania, 11th Floor, PPF Tower
Garden Avenue/Ohio Street
P 0 Box 1160, Dar es Salaam.