Finlays is a vertically integrated and geographically diversified agri-business that takes a leadership role in sustainability.
The group has etablished itself as a reliable, responsible, innovative and sustainable producer with a deep knowledge and passion for its products. Sustainability is pivotal to the group’s success and it lies at the heart of what Finlays does and stands for.
Finlays is Kenya’s largest agricultural export group employing over 22,000 people and annually exporting over 300 million stems of flowers, 7 million kilos of vegetables, 26 million kilos of black tea and 3 million kilos of tea extract.
The organisation is geographically located in Nairobi, Naivasha, Kericho, Mt. Kenya and Mombasa and works with 1,200 vegetable out growers and 10,000 tea out growers.
A vacancy of Senior Group Internal Auditor has arisen within our Group Internal Audit function for an internal audit professional with a proven track record of success in a multinational Company environment.
Location: The position is based initially at our Kericho operations but may be deployed to work anywhere within and outside Kenya.
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager – Kenya, the successful candidate will work as an integral part of the Finlays global Internal Audit and Risk Management team to deliver a high level of corporate compliance to Finlays Group and other applicable standards.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertaking the Risk Assessment Process;
- Assisting with the consolidation of the Internal audit plan and budget;
- Maintaining cordial and professional relationships and communication with all stakeholders;
- Executing all audits in line with the approved audit methodology and plan;
- Attending all audit supervisory committee meetings including being the Secretary to the meetings;
- Preparing monthly group internal audit reports in line with the agreed format and structure;
- Executing follow ups of issues and preparing follow up reports; and
- Proactively attending to any ad hoc requests from all stakeholders.
The ideal candidate must possess the qualifications / competencies outlined below.
- A graduate with bachelor’s degree from a recognized university backed by relevant professional qualifications with CIA and CISA being the most desirable.
- At least 5 years experience in Internal Audit / Consulting with a reputable audit organization.
- Experience in systems audits will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication, reporting and interpersonal skills and a can – do attitude.
- Meticulous in approach with data analysis skills using such software as IDEA, ACL etc.
- Results driven with excellent planning and organizing skills underpinned by well developed team working skills and judgment.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV with a covering letter to the Human Resources Director, P.O. Box 10222, Nairobi 00400.
Email: email@example.com to reach not later than 22 June 2012.
Those applicants who will not have heard from us by 1 August 2012 should consider their applications unsuccessful