The British Council in Ethiopia is looking for qualified individuals to fill the post of a ‘Regional Business Unit Manager’ in these four locations:
• Hawassa or Shashemene
• Diredawa or Harar
• Dessie or Kombolcha
To lead and manage one of four Regional Business Units (RBUs) established by the Civil Society Support Programme (CSSP).
Main duties and responsibilities
• Relationship management and learning – to lead on the building and maintaining of dynamic and strategic relationships for CSSP at regional and sub-regional level, representing and communicating CSSP to key stakeholders (civil society, citizens, government and private sector) with integrity and neutrality. This also includes exemplary and empowering management of the CSSP regional business unit staff.
• Capacity development – to lead the design and delivery of capacity development support for local civil society in consultation with local stakeholders and in liaison with the CSSP technical teams, with a strong emphasis on the most excluded women, men and children.
• Grant-making – to lead and support the grant-making process at the local level in consultation with local stakeholders, in liaison with CSSP technical teams
• Monitoring and evaluation – to ensure that all CSSP investments under the RBU are monitored to agreed standards and principles, and that a strong focus on results and value for resources across the portfolio is fostered by CSSP staff with CSSP grantees.
Skills and Knowledge
The following skills and knowledge are essential
• Project & Contract Management
• Financial Planning & Management
• Business Management & Development
• English at C1 or IELTS 6.5, Amharic and preferably one language spoken and used in the regions covered by RBUs.
The following experience is essential
• At least 5 years project and programme management experience
The following experience is desirable
• Experience of regional coordination
• Experience of capacity development and working with civil society
• M&E system design and development
• Capacity development of partner organisations in M&E
•First Degree, preferably in the area of social science, rural development, organisational development, and other related subject.
How to apply
Read through the role profile document. Download and complete the application form. To help you understand and complete the application form, read through the ‘How to complete the application’ document at the top of this page. Listed within the role profile document, you will find a number of listed ‘behaviours’ and ‘skills and knowledge’. Evidence against those criteria’s will need to be provided in your role application form. To help you understand those criteria’s, we have provided a ‘behaviours’ and ‘generic skills’ dictionary at the top of this page.
Each applicant should indicate in the application form the specific RBU applied for. Job placement is dependent on approval of the budget by Donors. Term of employment for all posts is 3 years with possible extension. Only applications on the standard form will be accepted. All completed application forms and any accompanying documents must be submitted to the address below or to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6th June 2012 at 5:00pm.
CSSP Logistics & Admin Manager
PO Box 1043
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted. We do not accept CV’s, handwritten applications or expressions of interest.