National Survey Communication and Mobilization Specialist
The Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation together with KNBS, NACC, KEMRI, NCAPD, NPHLS (NHRL) and other development partners is in the process of finalizing plans for a large National population-based survey to inform the HIV response in Kenya. The survey will sample 10,475households in 419 clusters.
The Ministry with support from EGPAF is therefore seeking the services of a communications specialist to undertake the development of various IEC materials, planning, and assist in the implementation of the community communication and mobilization strategy for the survey with guidance from the Communication and Mobilization Sub–committee of the National survey.
The specialist to be recruited will be required to undertake the following tasks in consultation with the communication and mobilization subcommittee.
- Understand the community communication and mobilization strategy for the survey.
- Work together with the relevant Communication and Mobilization Sub-committee of the Survey TWG, and other stakeholders to gather information required for the development various IEC materials for community communication and mobilization.
- Review and finalize the Survey communication strategy.
- Develop targeted messages for the survey for various audiences at the national, provincial and community levels.
- Use existing data to determine the appropriate channels that will be used to reach the various audiences before, during and after the National survey.
- Develop a media plan in various media houses before, during and after the survey.
- Design and develop media material (e.g. media briefs& press releases) and IEC materials (e.g. posters, stickers, brochures, banners) for various target audiences to be translated in 12 local languages used in the survey.
- Document and report to EGPAF and the Communication and Mobilization Subcommittee of the Survey TWG on all the community communication and mobilization activities undertaken during the period.
- Monitor media coverage of Survey before, during, and after the survey: to ensure enlisted services are provided by the various media avenues, monitor that communication is appropriate, timely and accurate, and monitor any issues that may disrupt the communication strategy for the survey.
- Support journalists for effective and accurate reporting on the National survey and findings.
- As need arises, provide updates to the Survey TWG.
This is a short-term contract.
The contract will be for a period of 120 days.
Method of application
Interested Individuals are encouraged to request detailed terms of reference and scope of work from NASCOP (Strategic Information Management Unit) at email@example.com
The deadline for submission of technical and financial proposal is Monday June 18th, 2012
Applications to be referenced “National Survey Communication and Mobilization” and addressed to NASCOP’s Strategic Information Management Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org