La Fayette Microfinance Bank Ltd. is expected to start the operations in December 2012. To achieve its targets, La Fayette is launching an important recruitment campaign. The first test batch will be organized before the end of June 2012.
La Fayette Microfinance Bank Ltd. is recruiting here and now:
Job Title: Information System Administrators
Location: Ibadan, Oyo, Nigeria
Job Reference: ADV_NIG_IS_admin_0512
The Information Systems Administrator ensures the operation and administration of the Information Systems of the institution, and also its monitoring and security.
- Management of the Information Systems
- To ensure the administration and operation of information systems (CBS ORBIT Software & SAGE accounting software, Business Intelligence and peripheral software)
- To install and configure databases (like MS SQL, MySql, Oracle …) on servers
- To ensure maintenance of databases, backups (integrity, performance, consolidation, up to date)
- To ensure the correct completeness of periodic processing, especially the end of day processes
- To ensure data backup and archiving
- To administer the profiles & users of the operational software
- To administer and maintain the various environments and interfaces needed for the evolution of the operational software (Live, Testing, Training environments)
- To identify and document the processing or configuration issues
- To test and implement patches to correct the issues
- Support to Operational Teams (Training, Building queries, and authorization to databases…):
- To train users on the use of the CBS Orbit
- To create ad hoc queries or reports in collaboration with various business experts
- To be available for auditors during their investigations missions
- To test and ensure the Live implementation of reports
- To Set up Orbit (New branches/ new Products / Commissions / GL Accounts …)
FUNCTIONAL AND DECISION ENVIRONMENT
Reports to: IT Manager
External Relations: Horus Support Accra / Horus MIS
Internal Relations: Operations Dept., Operational Teams
- Experience: desired number of years and nature of experience
- More than 2 years of experience in a similar position
- An experience in banking or in microfinance sector is desired.
Education and area of expertise
- Engineer or postgraduate level in Information Technology or Computer Science / HND in Programming or in Database Administration (Equivalent to French ‘BTS’ or ‘DUT’)
- In-depth knowledge in data management, scripting languages. Should master Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) and SQL Queries.
- Business Objects knowledge will be a plus.
- Fluent English, French is appreciated but not a requisite
Personal skills and abilities
- Team work, autonomy, sense of integrity and responsibility
- Organizational skills, rigorous worker
- Good training skills
- Possible advancement
- Possible promotion to the position of Deputy IT Manager