Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA) is a humanitarian and development organization that aims to positively contribute towards improving the living standards and conditions of those adversely affected by disasters and conflict in the East and Horn of Africa. Our work involves provision of clean and accessible water supply, sanitation facilities, promotion of health/hygiene, food security and education programs. HIJRA is dedicated and committed to reconstruction of community livelihoods through its direct contacts with the communities.
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Officer
REF: HR002/UG Job summary:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the incumbent will maintain the day-today coordination in the finance, Administration and Human Resource as well as provide leadership in the implementation of strategic objectives of the organization.
- Monitor expenditure of various projects and ensure timely submission of financial reports.
- Constantly review financial requirements and forecasting of expenditures.
- Establish monthly cash requirements for the office and request timely replenishments from the Regional Office.
- Liaise and keep close contacts with the local banks.
- Manage all accounts and observe local foreign control regulations.
- Manage funds and financial assets of the organization.
- Manage the delivery of monthly reports and feedback on budget accounts.Co-ordinate the budget preparation and financial plans and conduct budget reviews.
- Supervise staff finance and Administration staff training.
- Requirements Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business administration;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Finance and Administration from a reputable organization, management and accounting for INGO, demonstrated high sense of personal integrity, experience in working with donors,
- Must have knowledge of the management of payroll, taxes, audits and Projects Financial Management, accounting software and well versed with other computer applications.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified Uganda Nationals candidates should send their application with an updated CV which should have at least three names and contacts of referees to vacancies ©hijra.or.ke. Write in the subject line the position and reference number as in the advert. Please note that applications received without the correct subject will not be considered.
Also documents submitted along with applications will not be returned. For more information regarding the organization you may visit our website: www.hijra.or.ke Deadline: 25thJune 2012. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. HIJRA is an equal opportunity employer