Save the Children (SC) is an international organization with 27 member organizations across the globe. It is united by a common mission and brand but, to some extent, has until now been working independently from country to country and within countries.
After one year of unification and as a result of an active fundraising strategy the programme budget was over GBP 10m covering thematic areas of protection, child survival (which includes health, nutrition and livelihoods), education, and Child Rights Governance.
Emergency Health Technical Advisor
Application Closing Date: Sunday 24th June 2012.
In order to better coordinate and provide an advisory role to the emergency health support programme to Somalia/Somaliland, Save the Children requires a high level technical support, coordination and guidance through provision of guidance to managers and staff involved in managing and/or implementing emergency health project.
This support includes, among others,
- Identifying opportunities for funding and learning through networking with donors and other agencies.
- This is an international post based in Nairobi.
- While working from Nairobi, the post-holder will be required to provide support to the emergency health team remotely and may travel to Somalia (Puntland, Somaliland and Mogadishu for the south), for short monitoring and support visits.
- Barring security clearance to travel to central Somalia, the health technical adviser will be requested to travel to Somaliland on a regular basis for support, monitoring and management meetings with the CSS health team
- For additional information on the job description, working context, person’s specifications, please visit: www.somaliangoconsortium.org
- Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
- Applications should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org.