Our client a Medical Screening/Diagnostic Health Centre in Lagos State urgently requires filling the vacancy for a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (or Doctors with interest in Sonography) on Contract basis.
Job Title: Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- The potential candidate must specialize in one of several areas of sonography, like Obstetric and Gynecologic sonography, Abdominal sonography, Neurosonography, or Breast sonography, Vascular sonography or Cardiac sonography.
- Must be willing to work the agreed hours per week, with opportunities for overtime work and possible on-call requirements.
Candidate must be able to:
- Explain procedures, review medical history, and place patients in proper positions.
- Should be capable of determining images that will work best for diagnosis and analyze the preliminary results.
- Update patient records, adjusting and maintaining equipment, and scheduling work flow.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate well, since they often explain technical procedures to patients and families.
- Good hand-eye coordination to obtain quality images.
- Should enjoy learning, because continuing education is vital to keeping ahead of the fast-changing diagnostic medical field.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure.