Organisation: Uganda Communications Commission
Position: Compliance Officer/ Standards (1)
The role of the jobholder shall be to provide the requisite technical support in broadcasting matters and assist in the development and enforcement of broadcasting standards.
Key Results Areas:
- Establishment and enforcement of standards, procedures and ethics for broadcasting services;
- Evaluate and monitor technical standards and quality of broadcasting;
- Encouraging the development of broadcasting services in the country by consulting and coordinating with stakeholders on matters related to new developments in the broadcasting sector;
- Assist in the development and enforcement of the quality of service in accordance with defined standards;
- Coordinate data collection on activities related to audience profile, penetration of services and network coverage;
- Develop technical specifications and standards for new and emerging services in broadcasting sector;
- Evaluate and review technical data to support broadcast license renewals and applications;
- In collaboration with other departments and institutions, collaborate and conduct research on broadcasting with the objective of harmonising and promoting broadcasting technologies and standards; and
- Evaluate and develop broadcast frequency utilisation techniques in accordance with national as well as international best practices.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a field related to Electrical, Broadcasting, or Telecommunications Engineering from a recognised Institute or University;
- A minimum working experience of one (1) year in areas of broadcasting and telecommunications; and
- Knowledge in computer is a mandatory requirement.
Experience and knowledge
- Should be committed to undertake research, carry out survey and analyse data purposes on standards development or formulation as the case may be;
- Possesses effective interpersonal skills and not only relates well with his/her colleagues but also with external customers;
- Demonstrates honesty and willing to work with minimum supervision;
- Excellent analytical skills and report writing, and;
- Has a mutually appreciative and respectfully approach the work with enthusiasm.
How to Apply
- Interested Internal candidates should submit applications indicating their contacts accompanied with the following documents:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating two professional and one character referees. Members of the Uganda Communications Commission shall not be accepted as referees.
- Copies of certificates, testimonials, cited in the CV.
- Applications should be submitted to the address below NOT LATER THAN 5.00pm on June 13, 2012 to:
The Director, Human Resources and Administration
Uganda Communications Commission
2nd Floor UCC House
Plot 42-44 Spring Road, Bugolobi,
P. O. Box 7376, KAMPALA