Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT) is a locally registered NGO first established in 1994. It is the largest indigenous provider of disability rehabilitation services in the country. CCBRT aims to improve the quality of life of people living with disabilities as well as their families and to enable them to achieve their legitimate potential.
CCBRT is expanding its service portfolio to also provide maternal and newborn healthcare. With support from international partners, CCBRT in collaboration with the regional health management team is improving the quality of maternal and newborn healthcare at 16 facilities in Dar es Salaam region and strengthening the prevention of disability and the delivery of early intervention services. The construction of the maternity and newborn (Baobab) hospital has started.
CCBRT is now looking for:Anaesthesiologist
- Medical Doctor with Master in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care.
- Fluent in English, both speaking and writing.
Skills and Experience:
- At least two years experience with clinical work especially with children.
- Well organized, a problem solver and reliable.
- Flexibility to assignment in case of change in work conditions.
- Willing to take over colleagues’ duty when needed.
- Perform general anaesthesia for children and adults according to guidelines provided. Perform spinal and epidural anaesthesia in adults.
- Perform nerve blocks for orthopaedic patients .
- Assess and prepare patients before anaesthesia according to the protocols in use
- Monitor patients during recovery
- Follow up of patients for 24 hours after anaesthesia
CCBRT is an equal opportunities employer and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, three references and maximum one page report on why you believe you are the right candidate for this position. Please send it via email to CCBRT human resources: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
CCBRT Human Resources , P.O Box 23310, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel: +255 (0) 22 260 1543 / +255 (0) 22 260 2192 Fax: +255 (0) 22 260 1544
Website: http:// www.ccbrt.or.tz
Closing date for applications: 30th June 2012
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.