Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Department: Information & Technology
Overall Purpose of Job:
The Enterprise Systems Administrator, as part of the Technical Support Team, supervises system administrator, provides technical support, systems administration, network planning and implementation to the users
- Performs administrative and supervisory and work necessary to manage the Infrastucture unit’s Information Technology Department.
- Ensures that all user department operations are enhanced by applying the most appropriate computer technology.
- Exercise supervision over system administrators
- Plans upgrade / implementation schedules on a weekly basis in response to long term projects and short term high priority projects.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Manage enterprise operating system environment which include Windows, Unix, Linux
- Manage Enterprise Systems (Messaging, Colloboration, Sharepoint, ISA)
- Establishes and maintains diverse data communications links, VPN connections and remote access needs.
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating system management; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
- Manage SAN storage environment
- Plan IT service continuity / disaster recovery for critical systems services
- Work to ensure that the department meet and exceeds user expectations as regards system services in line with SLAs.
- Secure system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing backups; maintaining documentation.
- Establishes system specifications by conferring with coworkers; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure.
- Use system monitoring tools to proactively manage the servers and storage.
- Ensure adequate system documentation
- Provide technical consulting on acquisition of hardware and software, including configuration, troubleshooting and enhancement
- Manage suppliers in the server and storage supply chain
- Collaborate effectively with peers in IT and other departments
- Installs, configures, tests, and maintains hardware including personal computers, servers, printers, and other peripherals.
- Manage Windows Citrix environment
- Providing End-User training
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Infrastructure Manager from time to time
- Person Specification:
- 1st degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related area.
- 5 years cognate work experience, in a reputable organization/Institution