1. Implement specific technical activities which may include but are not limited to:
- Develop operating manuals to guide the smooth operations of the social funds in collaboration with other experts and lead the field implementation of the social fund in all communities of the project. The social fund is an insurance/saving type of funds that can support the women and their families through unexpected life events (death family member, divorce, etc.) or illnesses
- Facilitate the acquisition of processing equipment by the shea clients & other critical service providers to the shea value chain though loans from the partner MFIs & other trade creditors.
- Participate in implementing activities designed to manage & mitigate the partner MFIs operational risks.
- Support the implementation of Microloan Management software at the MFIs. Ensure that credit officers understand and utilize MLM, that reporting is done through MLM, that data is uploaded on Loan Performer and that regular backups of the database are made by the MFIs.
- Conduct market research to develop, refine and continuously update the features of new products designed to offer financial services to shea clients & other value chain facilitators in collaboration with the partner MFIs and other trade creditors.
- Facilitate the identification of additional loan funds for the MFIs in order to complete the financing of new/refined credit products.
- Coordinate the implementation of program activities with financial partners & subcontractors.
- Collaborate with relevant government departments, agencies and non-governmental organizations to facilitate effective implementation of program.
- Develop work plans for field activities and review & consolidate reports of the BDOs.
- Support problem-resolution of arising implementation issues.
- Co-monitor, with the Program Director in charge, deadlines and projected program achievements.
- Identifying opportunities/needs for new partnerships and projects in Ghana.
- Participating in the design of new projects in Ghana
- Drafting proposals for different donors.
- Support the team in communication activities, and organization of events.
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree in economics/business/international affairs or related subject with a solid professional training in microfinance (Masters degree is a plus).
- A minimum of 8 years microfinance experience with FNGOs, Rural Banks, Commercial or Development Banks with at least 4 years at the senior management level.
- Excellent writing, reporting and computer skills (Excel).
- Vast knowledge of the microfinance/banking sector in Ghana.
- Experience in developing & implementing new financial products (credit, savings & micro insurance) for rural areas.
- Experience working with rural women’s groups, especially in formal/informal microfinance, business development/income-generating activities in northern Ghana is a plus
- Strong Knowledge/ experience of different credit methodologies suitable for rural context.
- Excellent facilitation, organization, project coordination and management skills.
- Willingness to work long hours, go to the field for several days at a time, and stay at northern Ghana.
How To Apply
Send applications letters and current CV by email to The Project Director, PlaNet Finance Ghana: