IITA is an International non-profit research-for-development (R40) organization created in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported primarily by the Consultative Group of International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our R40 is anchored on the development needs of sub-Saharan Africa. We develop agricultural, solutions with our partners to tackle hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity, and generating wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
The International institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the following positions at the Institute’s Kano Station and Headquarters, Ibadan.
Job Title: Research Technicians (Pathology) (3 positions) ( 18 months renewable Contract)
Qualification and Experience
- ND in Science Laboratory Technology plus at least three (3) years post-qualification working experience in a research institution.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word Packages will be an added advantage.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be able to work independently;
- Be a good team player and be able to follow instructions;
- Possess good organisation skills;
- Be able to work under pressure, and willing to work outside work hours where necessary.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, the names and addresses of three professional referees (including telephone, fax and e-mail addresses, if available), evidence of current remuneration package and photocopies of credentials, to the
HR Administrative Manager,
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture,
PMB 5320, Oyo Road,
not later than 29 May 2012.