Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc is part of the Standard Bank Group. Stanbic Bank Nigeria was merged IBTC Chartered Bank PLC to form Stanbic IBTC Bank. The merger, by way of the first ever tender offer in Nigeria and a $525 million FDI.
Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC through its wholly owned stock broking and asset management subsidiary, IBTC Asset Management Limited has several excellent mutual funds including the IBTC Nigerian Equity Fund, which is Nigeria’s largest mutual fund with a net asset value in excess of N25 billion (as at December 2007). It is the only bank that has a direct subsidiary that is a pension fund administrator; through the market leading IBTC Pension Managers Limited (IPML).
Job Title: Personal Assistant to Head HR
Job ID: 8054
Ultimately, Standard Bank’s success is built entirely upon our people. With an unrivalled global reputation for innovation and service, our corporate culture promotes independence, teamwork, and creativity. Optimising this environment and ensuring clarity of goals and communication is just one aspect of the work managed by our HR division, and they now need a to help them meet these business-critical goals
To efficiently support a team in the attainment of their objectives by providing functional support in the following areas: administration, secretarial and event management, as well as other related duties.
- Diary management – be proactive around managing line manager’s diary, meeting scheduling, book venues, snacks etc for external visitors.
- Telephone management –picking up calls, setting up conference call in & outside country
- Managing information in line manager’s absence or non-availability – providing assistance to callers in a helpful manner, referring matters to relevant persons, keeping line manager informed
- Office Management – all admin related areas, ensure all records are kept up to date and properly filed, shredding important docs.
- Offsite presentations & meetings- venue co-ordination
- Understand the Functional area (DEPARTMENT) and liaising within Countries, Updating contact list for department (in and outside country)
- Understand the management structure and team structure, understand who the stakeholders are (internal and external) DEPARTMENT that are important to functional area. Provide necessary support for the functional area and stakeholders.
- Ad hoc secretarial duties helping out with other teams– e.g. printing travel documents, setting meetings etc.
- Taking minutes meaningfully at DEPARTMENT meetings
- Order stationery for functional area, maintain office equipment, replace printer cartridge as well as fax machine toner.
- Update organograms and birthday lists of staff and clients
- Information research for specialized meetings – involving power point presentations, analysis of data etc.
- Financial admin. – Submitting claim forms & ensuring payment to vendors for various office related expenses.
- New Staff Members: – order PC, arrange parking, access, telephone, desk as well as ESS access
- Book flights, airport transfers, accommodation & put together a detailed itinerary. Establish logistical requirements from responsible person and ensure venues have proper equipment.
- Maintaining information on performance of the Department – budget and actual revenues, volumes etc
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a 2.1 B.Sc degree from a reputable university.
- Able solve problems effectively
- Ability to work within a team
- Minimum of 2 years experience as Personal Assistant
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Good interpersonal skills required in liaising with people at different levels within the bank and externally
- Good planning and organization skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- A person with high integrity.
- Good computer and presentation skills (Excel Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
We are an equal opportunities employer and are totally opposed to discrimination in any form.