Total E & P Nigeria Limited (TEPNG) is a leading Oil and Gas exploration and production Company. The company is in a growth phase, and as part of its expansion activities, welcomes applications from suitably qualified Nigerians for position below.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer (10028358)
1. Supervises the necessary preventive and corrective actions plans to ensure the safety of personnel, the environment protection, and the integrity of equipment in his domain of activities.
2. Provides work orders of mechanical PVV equipment with routine maintenance tasks and shutdown schedule, i.e. frequency, duration, work to be performed, resources allocation, etc. and submit to planning department for scheduling. Ensures that all works are integrated with other disciplines if required. Validates short term predictive/preventive maintenance program.
3. Ensures that adequate provision is made for the availability of spare parts and materials for all mechanical PVV maintenance works. This includes the periodic review of store stock holding, the identification and ordering of direct materials and the preparation of financial justification.
4. Develops and implements specific procedures and technical improvement to ensure mechanical integrity and maintain reliability of mechanical equipment.
5. Participates with the contractors and vendors for the provision of specialist mechanical services and the workshop activities. This includes participating in the development of technical work scope of contracts, reviews documents, and gives recommendations for contractors pre-qualification.
6. Provides plant mechanical supervisors with advice and guidance in solving technical problems with mechanical PVV preventive and corrective maintenance. Ensure failure root cause analyses are done whereas necessary. Assists in analyses, identifies mechanical problems and potential of arising problems by troubleshooting
7. Prepares monthly reports (specifications, performances, costs, budget follow up…) for the section to be further submitted to management.
8. Carries out specific duties related to the job such as revision of documentation, procedures, safety manual and other related documents in the mechanical discipline (piping, valves and vessels).
9. Carry out duties according to the company HSE Policy and HSE national regulations in its areas of activities.
10. May be called to participate at the near misses analyses, HAZOPs, technical reviews, risk assessment, safety audits, incidents and accidents reports for management.
- B.Sc./B.Eng.(Mechanical Engineering)
- 6 years’ specific maintenance experience in the oil and gas production.
- High level of knowledge and specialized on mechanical equipment (vessels, valves, piping, boilers,heat exchangers, etc) maintenance systems and methods.
- Teamwork skills.
- Working knowledge of computer applications and methods.
- Good command of written and spoken English.