Vacancy Announcement: MBA Director
To plan, implement and quality-assure the MBA Programs that leads true transformation and value-for money to its participants as well as address the societal need for well-rounded business managers.
- To recruit, in conjunction with the Dean and with regard to MBA needs, qualified, and well motivated faculty and student mentors.
- In charge of orientation, motivation and evaluation of lecturers
- To evaluate and give feedback in conjunction with the Dean to the lecturers on their performance and necessary evaluation actions.
- To develop marketing and evaluation strategies that ensure that the Business School recruits the most qualified candidates for the respective MBA courses.
- To prepare the MBA Calendar in conjunction with other units of the Business School.
- To harmonize the faculty’s expectations with those of the Business School and its clients through adequate induction, integration and continuing engagement with faculty.
- To ensure efficient utilisation of faculty in conjunction with other units of the Business School.
- To ensure quality of in-class experience of the students through constant feedback (formal and informal) and assessment (formal and informal).
- To support the dean in administrative and decision-making tasks of the School
- To oversee the effective functioning of the various processes of the MBA, including Admissions, Class Administration, Examinations, Support Operations, Faculty Board Meetings, Project Defences and Graduation.
- To research, through student feedback, industry inquiry and other means, the requirements of the industry for the MBA program, with special regard to program relevance and SBS’s overall mission.
- Coordinating efforts in conjunction with the Dean and a chosen panel of experts, for major curriculum review and enhancement.
- To implement and coordinate student mentoring, personal growth and other initiatives
- Interact with the students both in a formal and informal manner.
- To engage in MBA staff personal and career development, ensuring job satisfaction and motivation to facilitate continual improvement and development in their career.
- Such other duties, temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required, commensurate with this level.
- A Masters Degree from a recognised University preferably in a business related area.
- 7-10 Years with at least 5 years senior managerial working experience
- Able to work with tight deadlines/targets in a busy environment.
- Experience interacting with senior managers.
- Has some interest in Academics/an Academic-Industry career.
- General Managerial Skills, People Skills, and Team Leadership skill
- Demonstrates high level of supervisory and presentation skills
- Confident and able to relate with executives, independent and resourceful.
- Organization and time management skills of the highest order and ability to coordinate with other departments.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative adapts and responds to challenges and set priorities.
- Computer literate- proficient in computing skills and use of email and internet
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please forward an application letter quoting “MBA Director” indicating your suitability to this role, together with a copy of your updated resume, to email@example.com by end of day Wednesday 23rd May 2012.