Feed The Children – Kenya is seeking to recruit the position of HIV/AIDS Program Coordinator.
This is a one year renewable contract.
Based in Nairobi with occasional travel to the field, the incumbent will report to the Head of Programs and will provide strategic leadership and technical support in all aspects of HIV/AIDS related programming for the Kenya Country program.
- Provide leadership and management support for all HIV/AIDS program
- Providing technical support in the development of effective HIV/AIDS program
- Support programming for HIV/AIDS interventions.
- Development and implementation of a country HIV/AIDS strategy in line with FTC Kenya Country Program strategy.
- Assessing and enhancing the capacity of local partners implementing HIV/AIDS projects.
- Participate in Monitoring and Evaluation of HIV/AIDS program.
- Management, coordination, and reporting of HIV/AIDS related Grants.
- Work in close collaboration with frontline staff and provide oversight in preparation of proposals.
- Facilitate learning and sharing of Best Practices in HIV/AIDS programming.
- Maintain contacts with donors and partners to increase funding for the HIV/AIDs program
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Public Health (Masters will be an added advantage).
- Minimum five years experience in HIV/AIDS programming
- Demonstrated capacity to understand and advise on critical issues related to HIV/AIDS; Prevention, care, treatment and support to OVCs and PLHIVs.
- Experience in building and maintaining strategic relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong representational skills, including ability to present FTC programs and policies to diverse audiences, including donors, the Government and other key stakeholders.
- Excellent writing ability, including previous experience developing successful proposals for US Government funding.
- Proven experience in grants management and reporting. Experience with USAID-funded program a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in program design, development, and implementation
- Hands on experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Very strong communication skills, both oral and written.
If you meet the requirements of the above position, please send your application letter, detailed CV, phone and email contacts of three (3) references; to email@example.com by 28th May 2012.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted