The Health Professions Council of South Africa’s vision is realised through protecting the public and guiding the professions.Chief Financial Officer
Remuneration package: Market-related salary package
- Honours’ degree in Accountancy or qualified Chartered Accountant
- MBA or MBL will be an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in financial management
- Experience in managing a budget of more than R100 million
- Minimum 2 years’ Senior Management or leadership experience in a finance environment.
- Strong knowledge of leading financial and accounting practices (GAAP/IFRS)
- Sound knowledge of the PFMA
- Knowledge of the new Companies Act and King III
- Sound knowledge of taxation
- Strong transformational leadership capability
- Ability to gather information and write professional reports
- Proven experience in compiling financial statements and reports for publication
- Excellent strategic planning skills
- Knowledge of risk, asset and procurement processes.
Principal accountabilities and key performance areas:
- Overall management of the finance operations in the organisation to ensure the organisation’s service delivery and sustainability
- Optimising the finance operational environment through research and application of leading financial practices, and ensuring alignment to the overall strategy of HPCSA
- Reviewing and presenting of financial statements to Boards, Council, the Audit and Risk Committee, Finance and Investment Committee and Management Committees
- Overseeing and ensuring that Financial and Management Accounting principles are in place and effectively functional
- Management of the relationship with all major vendors, whilst tracking all major vendors against contracts and ring fencing sustainable savings
- Ensuring the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organisation, including organisational revenue/expenses and balance sheet reports, reports to relevant stakeholders, as well as development and monitoring of organisational budgets
- Capacity and capability management by forecasting accurately in terms of Council’s strategic plan
- Ensuring that internal control deficiencies identified by internal and external audits are attended to timeously and are not repeated
- Providing budget guidelines to the HPCSA functional departments and the different Boards
- Consolidating the budget requirements from the various departments and boards and finalise council budget
- Championing the organisational mandate and purpose – providing direct and indirect operational support that will contribute to the divisional output and mandate in HPCSA
- Sound knowledge of travel management
- Development and implementation of the necessary budgetary systems of the Council.
All short-listed candidates will be subjected to a competency exercise.
All interested candidates should forward their applications, together with a detailed CV, to email@example.com quoting the post title in the subject column.
Alternatively, applications can be sent to the HR Department, HPCSA, 553 Vermeulen Street, Arcadia, Pretoria. Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in your application not being considered.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Communication will be entered into with short-listed candidates only.
The HPCSA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
company: The Health Professions Council Of South Africa
Location: South Africa – Gauteng – Pretoria
Industry: Health, Medical and Pharmaceutical
Salary Range: MARKET RELATED
Expiry Date: 15 Jun 2012