UNICEF Nigeria seeks the services of experienced Education -GEP Specialists to work in the State Agency for Adult and Non-Formal Education (ANFEA), under the guidance of the SPC.
Job Title: GEP Specialists- Non Formal Education (3rd Party Consultant)
Vacancy number: VN-NGR-28 – 3- D- 2012
Contract Type: SSA
Duration: 11 Months
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties
1. Assist in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all Non-Formal Education programmes. These will include but not be limited to Integrated Qur’anic Education (IQTE), Second Chance and Special Needs Education, Nomadic and Al Maijiri Education. This will involve providing technical support for increased access, retention and quality in such education schools/facilities;
2. Build institutional capacities within the state agencies for non-formal and adult education, mass education, nomadic education, and special needs education to effectively deliver their mandates;
3. Provide technical support in capacity building of all non-formal education facilitators/teachers and assist in the review, development, and use of primers/teaching modules and materials for training;
4. Assist in establishment and strengthening of associations of Qur’anic, Tsangaya and Islamic school proprietors;
5. Undertake field visits, advocacy, sensitization and mobilization for acceptance and support of improvement of non-formal education provision;
6. Collaborate with other programmes/agencies/CSOs/NGOs/CBOs/FBOs to promote inter-sectorial and integrated approach to non-formal education.
7. Facilitate the mainstreaming of issues relating to non-formal education into SESP/SESOP and State annual education budgets;
8. Provide technical support for institutionalization of existing experiments in nomadic education delivery (including schools in tents and temporary structures and training of “mobile” teachers; peace and conflict resolution programme – to ensure that, during the dry season, resident farmers and pastoralists share scarce resources and live in peace);
9. Support the domestication, dissemination and implementation of national framework for the integration and development of Almaijiri education into UBE scheme;
10. Ensure that UNICEF protocols are used to resource project activities, and keep accurate and transparent accounts of all inputs and resource use;
11. Facilitate institutionalization of systems for effective and accurate data collection and analysis; keep accurate records of GEP3 activities as appropriate in ANFEA, SAME and other non-formal education agencies;
12. Liaise with and between all bodies and institutions involved in GEP activities, including local and international development partners (including ESSPIN/ Action Aid/ Save The Children, etc.), and ensure the effective pursuit of project targets and implementation of activities in the non-formal sector;
13. Produce regular monthly/quarterly reports and submit to the Director Executive Director, and to the SPC.
Minimum qualification & competencies:
- The candidate for this position must have a higher degree in education.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience as in IQTE/ 2nd Chance/ NFE/Special Needs/ Nomadic/ Al Majiri Education
Method of Application
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please send cover letter (one-page summary statement that describes how your experience and qualification related to the job description) and a scanned/PDF copy of the completed and signed UN Personal History Form (which can be downloaded here) to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Thursday, 07 June 2012.
Please put the position title you are applying for on the subject line of your email.
UNICEF, a smoke-free environment, is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply.