The British Council in Malawi is looking for a qualified individual to fill the post of a ‘Finance Manager‘.
The successful candidate will be educated to professional level and have demonstrated, through his or her professional experience, all of the essential competencies required for the post. Candidates who do not meet these minimum requirements will not be shortlisted for an interview.
The current scale for this post begins at MKW 287,700.00. The successful applicant’s salary will be based on her/his salary history.
Purpose of job
To maintain the Council’s financial systems in Lilongwe at the highest standard, contribute to financial planning, provide managers with accurate financial information and, as line manager, ensure the provision of efficient and cost-effective administrative services.
Context and environment: (e.g. dept description, region description, organogram)
The Malawi finance team is small but efficient – Finance Manager, Finance Officer, plus an Administrative Assistant. The team supports a busy office whose work includes Exams and regional and local projects.
Accountabilities and main duties
Please download the role profile document below to view the complete responsibilities and duties list.
How to apply
Read through the role profile document. Download and complete the application form. To help you understand and complete the application form, read through the ‘How to complete the application’ document at the top of this page. Listed within the role profile document, you will find a number of listed ‘behaviours’ and ‘skills and knowledge’. Evidence against those criteria’s will need to be provided in your role application form.
To help you understand those criteria’s, we have provided a ‘behaviours’ and ‘generic skills’ dictionary at the top of this page.
Please read all the documents carefully before you fill in the job application form. Telephone applications or enquiries will not be considered.
Completed applications and a covering letter should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No later than 12:00 on Friday 18 May 2012.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
- We do not accept CV’s, handwritten applications or expressions of interest.
- The application form must clearly explain how your experience matches the above profile and include names and contact details of 3 references.
- We will not be able to consider any application which arrives after that date.
- Due to the considerable volume of applications we expect we will only be in touch with shortlisted candidates, which we will do before Friday 25 May.