Position: Executive Administrative Secretary
Credentials and / or Skills and Abilities:
- Typing/word processing at a minimum of 50 wpm
- Basic office methods, practices, and procedures, including filing systems, correspondence,
- Standard English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Ability to carry out oral and written directions; make decisions independently; communicate effectively;
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships;
- Be flexible and receptive to change.
Summary of Position:
Under general direction of management personnel, performs a wide variety of complex and responsible secretarial, technical, clerical and accounting duties.
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as personal secretary to management. Answers telephone calls; handles visitors; receives and relays messages; handles requests for information and assistance.
- Transcribes from Dictaphone, handwritten notes or dictation and types letters, memoranda, and reports as assigned.
- Attends to administrative and clerical detail utilizing initiative, problem analysis techniques, good judgment and confidentiality.
- Receives, reviews and verifies documents, records and forms for accuracy, completeness and conformance to applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Processes documents in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains expenditure records of office/unit budget; prepares and coordinates budget transfer requests as necessary; tracks expenditures from each budget line item.
- Prepares and processes all purchase orders; verifies amounts to pay partial and final invoices; makes copies and keeps accurate records of all payments.
- Prepares rooms for meetings; arranges for necessary materials and refreshments.
- Establishes and maintains a variety of office filing and record-keeping systems including inventory data collection systems.
- Receives, sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Orders and distributes office supplies and materials.
- Gathers, reviews, and compiles information and prepares accurate and comprehensive reports and surveys with deadlines as assigned.
- Serves as clerical support to the Department. Schedules appointments; types letters and notices; prepares materials and reports as needed.
- Maintains records and prepares notices and documents.
- Prepares correspondence independently on matters not requiring personal attention of directors.
- Maintains strict confidentiality on all job-related matters.
- Prepares a variety of communicative subject matter that may include privileged and highly sensitive material.
- Plans, develops and implements office procedures.
- Makes mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Maintains numerous and varied budgets.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education Background & Skill Requirements
- Business degrees in finance, accounting and marketing
- Certified Professional Secretary (CPS) and the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP)
- Exposure to trainings or Courses in records organization, corporate communications and human resource management
- 5 years of relevant work experience
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of day 28nd May 2012.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted