Islamic Relief is an international NGO, established in 1984 in the UK, Seeking to promote sustainable Economic and social development by working with local communities through relief and development activities.
Position: Education Coordinator
Salary: Kshs 140,000 Gross
- Preferable a minimum degree in education. A social science degree in a related discipline would also be considered.
- Proven training in curriculum development and implementation, and educational administration.
- Proven academic or on-job training and understanding of the Project Cycle model in managing humanitarian assistance.
- Supervise and mentor Education project staff
- Oversee the overall management of the projects in line with the project documents
- Design an overall operational plan for each project in consultation with the project partners, and education staff
- Follow up and implement activities below:
- Designing and conducting training for Education staff, community representatives, partners and Islamic Relief staff on Education related issues.
- Ensuring that the implementation of Islamic Relief’s Education projects promotes capacity building to the maximum degree possible with local communities, the Education system, UNHCR, local NGOs, CBOs, and government staff and agencies.
- All staff adhering to CPP (Child Protection Policy)
- Ensure sufficient, suitable and appropriate staff are in place in all education positions
- Support staff to identify areas for development and jointly plan capacity building opportunities
- Ensure education team’s strengths are identified and recognized for programme and individual development
- Represent Islamic Relief in all relevant forums, stakeholders such as local authorities, community leaders, representatives of NGOs, UN agencies and government issues related to education sector.
- Coordinate with Education Cluster (EC) and Education Sector committee (ESC) to share information, jointly set priorities.
- Ensure quality, result based donor reports submitted on time.
- Budget management systems established within education team including clear monthly schedules
- Budgets monitored in donor currency on monthly basis, FBS (Financial and Budgeting Systems) maintained accurately and planning adjustments made frequently to ensure 100% of budget lines are spent.
- Coordinate with the Programme Managers to ensure the aims of education sector are being met
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in primary education programs for refugees or rural communities.
- Experience gained within an international humanitarian NGO will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical and administration skills in the management of education/programs consisting of primary education.
- Experience in project cycle management, proposal, report writing and excellent computer skills.
- Experience in Training of Trainers/Facilitators skills (TOT & TOF) an advantage