Kenya Revenue Authority
(KRA) is the principal revenue collector for the Government of the Republic of Kenya established by an Act of Parliament in 1995. KRA’s vision is to be the leading revenue authority in the world respected for professionalism, integrity and fairness.
KRA is committed to attaining international best practice in revenue administration by investing in professional teams, deepening reforms and improving service delivery to enhance compliance with tax requirements.
In this regard, we are seeking a high calibre, results oriented and self driven professional with high integrity to fill the position of Commissioner of Corporate Support Services
whose job description is given below:
Reporting to the Commissioner General, the Commissioner of Corporate Support Services will be responsible for coordinating administrative support services including Human Resources, Finance, Procurement, Information & Communication Technology, Administration & Logistics and related functions.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Providing strategic leadership for each of the relevant departmental functions;
- Ensuring that administrative support services respond effectively to the needs of user departments;
- Formulating and regularly reviewing divisional strategies and policies;
- Fostering staff motivation, commitment and teamwork;
- Managing the Corporate performance management system;
- Managing Corporate organisational structure review processes.
- Managing divisional organisational structure review processes.
- Ensuring efficient management of divisional resources;
The ideal candidate should:
1. Possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
2. Have a Masters degree in a business related field from a recognised university and at least five years working experience with a good track record in a senior management position in a reputable organisation;
3. Applicants without a Masters degree must possess at least ten years senior management experience with a good track record in any of the focal areas;
4. Have excellent leadership, management, commercial awareness, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
5. Be proficient in the use of modern technology based information management systems.
6. Possess high integrity and be tax compliant in line with the spirit of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
7. Have a firm but pleasant personality.
8. Knowledge and experience in revenue administration will be an added advantage.
This is a challenging and demanding role and the Authority will offer competitive terms to the successful candidate.
Appointment will be on a 3 year contract with the possibility of renewal for a further term of 3 years.
If you fit the required profile, please forward your application and curriculum vitae giving details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, copies of certificates including tax compliance certificate, e-mail address and daytime telephone contact as well as names and addresses of three references to be received on or before 8th June, 2012 to:
Kenya Revenue Authority
30th Floor, Times Tower, Haile Selassie Avenue
P.O. Box 48240—00100
Notes for applicants
1. Hard copy applications should be submitted in sealed envelopes clearly marked “Application for position of Commissioner of Corporate Support Services” and posted using the address above or delivered to the Office of the Commissioner General whose contacts are as shown above.
2. All applications shall be acknowledged and the person hand-delivering provided with a confirmation reference number.
3. Online applications are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Acknowledgement of online applications will be done upon verification after the closing date.
5. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and those selected for further interview will be subjected to psychometric testing before final selection.
6. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.