Our Client a Big Aviation Company, An Infrastructure-intensive/ Service Oriented, Fast Paced And Highly Visible Enterprise is Seeking An Energetic And Proven Leader To Be Accountable For The Safe/ Efficient And Fiscally Sound Business Operation of A Local Airport As The New Chief Executive Officer:
Job Title: Airport Chief Executive Officer
The job description statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by any employee assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
To direct, manage, supervise and coordinate the operations, activities and services of the airport; and to provide and guide the strategic vision for the airport, develop key relationships in the industry, design marketing strategies, and work closely with all stakeholders in guiding the airport’s overall success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the overall leadership, Strategic Direction, Business Development, Project and Process Management, System Engineering and Executive Management of the Airport
Responsible for the safe, efficient, profitable development of the Airport as well as its daily operations
Advise and provide strong administrative leadership to the board of directors in developing and recommending policies, budgets and current and long-range plans, and responsible for implementing such plans on the organisation’s behalf
Provide professional exemplary leadership to the organisation, promoting and maintaining strong employee morale, and evolve and maintain a culture of performance and accountability.
Lead a customer-centric organisation with an emphasis on safety, security and customer service, while being cost effective and operating high quality services.
Manage the relationship and interaction between the Board and Management of the organisation
Ensure overall monitoring of operational parameters and make sure they meet world standards for an airport in line with ICAO standards
Interpret and enforce international and local aviation regulations
- Prepare, gain approval and execute against a long-term strategic plan as well as an annual business plan geared towards the business objectives and targets for key areas of the business (Customer, Revenue, Compliance, Operations, Employees)
- Manage the implementation of the airport’s capital improvement projects and budgets; monitor operating and financial performance against plans, and report performance to the board; ensure that these projects are executed on-time and on-budget
- Meet or exceed specific negotiated strategic goals as well as financial and operating performance objectives.
- Examine prevailing sector regulation and policies; formulate changes necessary to business approaches and internal processes to ensure full compliance with all relevant regulations
- Negotiate and align lease and concession agreements towards operational efficiency and revenue targets
- Create and implement ground breaking promotions and initiatives geared towards strengthening marketing activities to maintain and surpass business expectations
- Responsible for accurate company Financials, Tax, Risk Management and Facility management
- Provide strategic vision and guidance for effective Human Resource Management that will enhance employee motivation, encourage/increase commitment and passion of employees to ensure high productivity and delivery standards
- Oversee and/or develop effective marketing plansto promote and increase the business of the organisation
- Work with the board of directors to continually refine the mission, goals and priorities of the organisation
- Continually examine the airport’s safety needs to provide a safe, enjoyable and reliable service to all stakeholders.
- Ensure that the airport operates safely and efficiently, and is complying with all federal, state and local regulations, policies and contractual obligations, while applying modern best practices in airport management.
- Provide command and oversight of airport emergencies and heightened security
- Continually examine the airport’s technology needs and capabilities, identifying opportunities for improvement and advancement to provide a high level of customer service to passengers and stakeholders
Manage and enhance the relationship with government, regulatory agencies and other relevant stakeholders so as to ensure that their interests are aligned with those of the organisation
Work effectively and persuasively with all stakeholders and maintain on-going effective communication with governmental agencies and other regulators
Communicate with local, national and international stakeholders continually to identify their needs in order to advise the board on areas for improvement and potential development.
- Professional & Personal Attributes
- A strong, visible and charismatic leader of people with the communication and dynamic leadership skills required to build, lead and motivate a diverse cross functional team of professionals as support teams in aviation sector
- Strong understanding of airport management, including development and implementation of programs across the major aspects of airport operations
- Ability to identify deficiencies/potential opportunities and develop innovative and cost effective solutions for increasing revenue and improving customer satisfaction
- Experience in driving product/service and customer service improvement with strong ability for building partnership with key business decision makers in aviation sector
- Proven ability to successfully analyse organisation’s critical business environment and requirements
- Possess working knowledge of international and local regulations pertaining to airport management and operations
- Impressive knowledge of finance and financial related issues
- Possess strong interpersonal skill with strong network with key government agencies/parastals relating to the aviation and financial sectors
Areas of Expertise must include:
- Process optimisation
- Turnaround Situation strategies
- Budgeting/Financial Forecasts
- Operations and Strategic Financing
- Project Management
- Strategic Cost Leadership
- Stakeholder Management
- Product/Service Improvement
Ideal Experience and Qualifications
- Senior-level executive/leadership experience at the top of a prominent airport or aviation sector organisation, as a CEO/executive director, deputy director, chief operating officer or general manager, but must have the ability to “roll up the sleeves and do real work.”
- Consideration also will be given to senior executives with no prior airport or aviation experience but with exposure to relevant or similar environments, such as infrastructure-intensive, engineering technology sectors.
- Functionally, likely stronger in business development, finance and other commercial disciplines than in operations, so as to best complement existing functional capabilities within the organisation
- Has ability to effectively change and reorient an organisation, its people and its culture.
- Experienced and comfortable working in highly visible positions that have put him or her “in the spotlight” and “under the microscope.” Comfortable dealing with the media on a regular basis.
- An undergraduate degree is required – in Aviation Management, Aviation Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, Aviation Technology, Engineering, Financial discipline or a related field, combined with at least seven years progressively responsible experience in general management, engineering or a financial discipline; preference will be given to an advanced degree in a relevant discipline.
Ideal Personal Profile
- Mature; a highly professional, honest, even-tempered, trusting, confident and personable individual. Has good professional judgment including a practical approach and appropriate risk-taking and political savvy to lead the organisation
- Has demonstrated strong visionary thinking ability coupled with the ability to translate his or her vision into concrete actions and results.
- Has senior executive-level stature to command respect and attention in the role, both internally and externally.
- Has proven leadership skills which include being: a unifier and team builder; problem solver and visionary; and a mentor and motivator.
- Courageous and confident; not afraid to stand up for what he or she believes in. Comfortable making tough decisions when necessary.
- An apolitical orientation, but with good political sensitivity, astuteness and acumen. Can handle himself or herself well with politicians and political bodies.
- A strong ambassador. Has the professional and executive presence to stand on behalf of the organisation as the leader and champion of the Authority.