The USAID supported Malaria Action Program for States (MAPS), is a 5 year project which is expected to take on the USAID mandate of improving malaria control at scale in seven states. Activities in the MAPS project has commenced in the six Nigerian States namely; Benue, Cross-River, Ebonyi, Nasarawa, Oyo and Zamfara.
JOB TITLE: STATE MGT CAPACITY BUILDING OFFICERS
LOCATION: Kogi, Nigeria
With the recent expansion to the seventh state, Health Partners International (HPI), one of the implementing partners of the MAPS program, now seeks to employ a professional with expertise in Management and Capacity Building to coordinate all related outputs and activities at the new programme office in Kogi State.
This position will be based in the Kogi office of the MAPS Project. The Management Capacity Building Officer will be responsible for working with stakeholders at the State and LGA levels to strengthen capacity in Management for effectively addressing malaria prevention and control in Nigeria. S/he will work with the State level MAPS team and the federal level capacity building MAPS team to ensure the achievement of key program outputs.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- A post-graduate qualification in Public Health or other related disciplines in health and medical sciences.
- An extensive experience and knowledge of Public Health, policy development and health systems reforms in Nigeria is required for this position.
- S/he must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Capacity Building, Management in Public Health.
- Previous experience in management of Health service delivery and Primary Health care in Nigeria is essential.
- Good knowledge of Capacity Building tools as well as malaria prevention and control in Nigeria or other African countries is required.
- Previous knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel, knowledge of HMIS, DHIS Epidata and EpiInfo is desirable.
OTHER KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE;
- Oversee all Management Capacity Building activities carried out in each state and relating to malaria prevention and control in Nigeria;
- Ensure the State and LGA stakeholders and organizations play leading roles in planning, conducting and supervising malaria prevention and control activities related to management systems;
- Assist partners to undertake a thorough assessment of gaps in Management systems with regards to malaria prevention at the State and LGA levels and for both rural and urban facilities;
- Provide strategic leadership at State levels to Program as it regards all issues relating to capacity building of Management for malaria prevention and control;
- Assist the State Malaria Control program to develop effective harmonization of all malaria control activities at State levels relating to capacity building in management systems
METHOD OF APPLICATION
To apply for this post, please apply below with a covering letter addressing your suitability for the post and a CV. Please quote the job title in the subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 12 noon, Thursday 26 April 2012
Interview date: May 2012