The United Nations Collaborative Programme on Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation in Developing Countries (UN-REDD Programme) was created in September 2008 to assist developing countries to build capacity to reduce emissions and to participate in a future REDD+ mechanism. Nigeria has shown a strong political commitment for REDD+ at both the Federal and State Levels.
In this regard, the UNDP Country Office would like to engage the services of a consultant to assist in the programme formulation process in Nigeria.
Job Title: Program Support Officer
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administration and implementation of programme strategies, adapts processes and procedures
- Support to the substantive and financial management of the activities of the Team while putting together the programme in the initiative.
- Administrative and Logistics support to the UN-REDD Team
- Support in creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy.
- Presentation of information/ reports for identification of areas for support and interventions