GE is a diversified technology; media and financial services company dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and plastics, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 300,000 people worldwide.
*GBS MEA is a fastgrowing (30% + revenue growth in 07) professional services organization providing centers of excellence for statutory, VAT and tax reporting and payroll and small business services to GE businesses throughout Middle East and Africa
Job Title: Lead Accountant Financial Reporting
Job Number: 1523132
Career Level: Experienced
Function Segment: Controllership
The Role is required to work with the Center Leader, to provide support for all accounting activities of the designated business units. This would include working with the teams to enhance operational excellence and drive compliance and controllership in the processes in the Center.
- A good team leader with excellent communications skills
- Possesses good analytical and report writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Leading Accounting & Reporting function within GBS SA
- Ownership of Accounting & ReportingSTAT/ TAX, USGAAP reporting monthly / quarterly Closing & Reporting: BS, P&L analysis, Cash Flow management.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual statutory and tax filling
- Monitor the booking accuracy and compliance with US GAAP
- Ensure high quality Acc Recs
- Drive standardization (Stat to GAP approach).
- Ensure timely and accurate Tax Reportingall Taxes (CIT, WHT, VAT, payroll, other). Timely reconciliations with Tax Authorities.
- Lead annual audits, CAS, external. Financial Reviews in Egypt. Coordinate work with MEA leadership, GBS STAT/ TAX leadership, GBS HQ Controllership team.
- Communicate effectively with GBS SA team, GBS HQ Controllership team, GBS Tax community, and other GE/ GBS counterparties for best practice sharing/ leveraging experience.
- Drive Compliance projects and Compliance policies awareness in SA. Meet established GBS SA timelines for all Compliance projects implementationImproper payments, AML, Reg. Excellence, Document management, BCP, etc.
- Capable of meeting deadlines and work under pressure
- Correspond with national and international GE businesses
- 6 to 8 years of experience.
- Local GAAP experience/knowledge, preferably combined with US GAAP and IFRS knowledge
- Degree in Business Economics/ Auditing or similar
- Open mind and Customer focus
- Flexible and energetic person, hands on mentality
- Demonstrated communication (oral & written) skills
- Strong inclination towards quality process improvement
- International experience in multinational and/or Big 4 firm strong advantage
- Service excellence and strong customer focus
- Knowledge of AS 400 is an advantage
- Ability to priorities multitask workload and meet tight deadlines
- High energy, selfstarter, independent worker with a proven track record in driving change
- Team player / team builder
- Detail orientated
- Global mindset and global career interest