The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for overseeing the administrative and financial management and accountability requirement of the District Basted HIV/TB Program in Uganda. S/he also serves as the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the project and assists the Project Director with project management (including operations, human resources finance management, and team building), assessing project progress against benchmarks, organizing monthly staff meetings, and supervising project support functions.
The Finance/Administrative Deputy Chief of Party is responsible for ensuring that the Project functions efficiently in all financial and administrative matters, and supervise the Administration & Operations Specialist and the NGO Development Advisor to develop and monitor finance and operations aspects of the project. S/he will provide oversight to all subcontract management issues.
Additionally, s/he collaborates with the Project Director in assuring that all technical activities under the Project are implemented in a timely and effective manner and in compliance with the terms of the Project contract. S/he will also contribute technical assistance to the institutional capacity building and performance improvement activities of the collaborating partners. The Finance/Administrative Deputy Chief of Party is knowledgeable of and adheres to MSH’s Procurement Integrity standards and procedures in all project management responsibilities.
- Oversee and supervise the NGO Development and finance and operational aspects of the project.
- Ensure that the project’s internal management, budgeting, procurement, financial contracting and personnel systems operate smoothly and are consistent with USAID and MSH policies, rules, and procedures.
- Collaborates with the Project Director in managing progress of Project activities and assuring that performance goals are met by monitor the quality of the work and financial management of all subcontractors, partners, and collaborating agencies under this contra. Act in place of Chief of Party in his or her absence.
- Participate as part of the senior management team in all meetings with USAID, MOH at all levels, and other organizations as needed.
- Serve on the MSH Senior Management Team to participate in joint operations and shared program discussions.
- Interact regularly with operational and technical staff in the U.S.-based home office.
- Advanced degree in public health or management.
- Extensive experience managing public health programs.
- Experience in managing grants or contracts for NGOs
- Knowledge of USAID or other USG assistance policies and procedures.
- Extensive experience in international development programs in Uganda and other African countries.
- Experience with HIV/AIDS & TB projects preferred.
- Excellent planning, management and organizational skills.
- Proven, effective leadership skills. Superior ability in developing effective interpersonal relationships, negotiation and conflict management.
- Fluent in English.
How to Apply
Please go to our website www.msh.org . Search under Employment Opportunites, job number 12-4723.