GE Power Generation Services (PGS), part of Energy Services, is engaged globally in service contracts that range from 1 to 20+ years, for heavy duty combined cycle power plants. PGS MEA is a +$1Billion revenue business comprising of short-term transactional services (parts, repairs and field services) and long term Contractual Services Agreements.
Job Title: Finance Manager – Contract Services
Job Number: 1523914
Career Level: Experienced
Function Segment: Functional Management
Provide financial leadership to the PGS business in the region. Utilize your experience to solve problems, develop and execute business objectives, and have the ability to affect short-term and long-term business goals. This role will manage a portfolio of Contractual Services (CS) agreements in the Sub-Saharan Africa sub region with annual sales of nearly $100MM. The position has significant exposure to the CS accounting model enabling a deep learning of the Contractual Services business.
- Partner with the Finance Manager and the Operations team to drive profitable growth and meet region targets providing insight and decision making support.
- Partner with the finance manager for initiatives in areas such as local tax and statutory compliance, account reconciliations, SOX, and simplification projects.
- Drive Cash metrics reporting to ensure early visibility of potential items at risks and promote resolution plans.
- Responsible for month end and quarter closing activities which includes, account reconciliation by contracts, compare actual sales, CM with estimates
- Planning (GPB, S2, OP, quarterly estimate, annual margin reviews for the portfolio)
- Interface and coordinate with Operations & Fulfillment teams (Local & HQ) on sales recognized / shipment for the quarter.
- Lead all phases of financial operations and systems support (Sales cost files /Account reconciliations / Margin Reviews.
- Establish and maintain appropriate financial routines and controls are in place to support a world-class financial operation.
- Support development of CS ECDP talent.
- Bachelor’s Degree Finance or Business
- Minimum of 5 years finance experience in a financial position
- Strong Clear Thinking skills… analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and high energy with strong ability to deliver result
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross- functional teams in a matrix organization
- Solid communication and analysis skills; change agent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Languages: English & French (required)