RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 2,800provides research and technical expertise to governments and businesses in more than 40 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory and chemistry services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as the first scientific organization in and centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park. RTI International implements the five year, USAID funded Leadership, Advocacy, Empowerment, and Development (LEAD) project in Nigeria, a project aimed at improving governance and service delivery at the local government level. These position is Bauchi based and is open to residents of Nigeria only.
- The Finance/Budget Specialist will contribute to and assist in the implementation of technical and management aspects of LEAD budget transparency and accountability activities, including program reporting and monitoring.
- The candidate we seek is an experienced local government finance specialist with a proven track record of training and assisting local government authorities to better account for public funds and improve overall fiscal and budget transparency. The position is at grade 9 and reports to the senior Finance/BudgetSpecialist (SFBS).
- The FBS will provide direct support and assistance to the Senior Finance/Budget Specialist in the design and delivery of budget transparency and accountability activities, meeting component objectives and ensuring that the technical approach is integrated, effective, and well-monitored.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years or MA degree plus3 years experience;
- Degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Municipal finance, International Relations, Development Studies or related fields.
- Experience in local government finance and transparency
- Excellent communication (Verbal and written) and Interpersonal skills
- Experience in working in Northern Nigeria