APM Terminals is one of the largest container terminal operators in the world. The diverse portfolio includes substantial interests in more than 40 ports around the globe. We continue to actively develop and invest in new projects and opportunities in ports and terminal management. In terms of the future, we are determined to stay at the forefront of our industry by providing value-adding e-business solutions, customer relations management and innovative use of technologies.
APM Terminals commenced operations in Nigeria in March, 2006. Apapa is Nigeria’s largest port and contains a number of wharfs. To date, the staff comprises over 800 highly skilled and motivated foreign and local staff. We stand for operational excellence – from modern equipment, facilities, advanced technology and proven processes and terminal management. We are currently looking for an individual who share our commitment to providing services that are second-to-none.
Job Title: Crane Electrician
Location: Apapa, Lagos
This position offers an outstanding opportunity to join the global team at APM Terminals Apapa and contribute to the success of the organization. The position reports to the Crane Supervisor.
- This role is expected to carry out all maintenance repairs and modifications with Crane Supervisor and/or Crane Foreman guidance and on other plants and equipment (when required), in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Practice and the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and ensure high standards are consistently maintained.
- To evaluate and analyse the nature, cause and perform the repairs of breakdowns. Determining the optimal way of dealing with the problem, to achieve a quality and cost effective solution, as well as minimal downtime and maximum Operational availability of Container handling equipment.
- Use sound knowledge of rigging procedures to recover equipment from yard due to accidents as efficiently as possible, ensuring minimal delays to operations.
- Have sufficient knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act. Enforce safe working procedures, for the purpose of safety of employees and people around you.
- To carry out repairs to defects as per Examiners defect list. To ensure safe working and minimize breakdowns to machinery and equipment.
- To execute all repairs effectively ensuring equipment failure is minimized and availability of equipment is optimised in the most cost effective manner.
- Troubleshoot and effect repairs on electrical circuits, control systems and electrical component elements. This includes the modification of components and servicing techniques in conjunction with the Crane Supervisor and/or Crane Foreman to improve efficiency.
- Test equipment to ensure compliance with specification and safety standards;
- Provide correct information on Work Orders and other job documentation, ensuring an accurate record of work performed, time taken to complete work, spare parts and materials used etc.
- Trade Test/Certificate /Diploma as Electrician.
- Code of practice.
- Knowledge of Mobile Harbour Cranes, Rubber Gantry Cranes, Spreaders and anther equipment.
- 3-5 years experience as Electrician in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants plus shift working experience.
- Basic Electrical Knowledge.
- Basic Electrical Maintenance Skills.
- Self motivated.
- Analytical and systematic.
- Must be physically fit.
- Requires the ability to follow instructions & plan the work day.
- Required to keep work area organized, neat and efficiently planned (5S).
- Requires the ability to be responsive to emergency repairs with quality workmanship and service.
- Requires the ability to learn fast.
- Computer Literate.
- Good Communication skills.
- Safe driving Techniques.
- Practical Housekeeping.
- A truly international working environment in a modern working location.
- Value and team-based leadership.
- An open and engaging working environment.
- A wide range of international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment.
- Competitive compensation packages.
Method of Application
This position is a local position, based in Lagos, Nigeria and will remain posted until 12/Apr/ 2012.
Please apply through the online by click apply button below and ensure to upload/attach a recent CV. For all internal applications, please note that HR will contact your local HR to request for your staff card upon receipt of your application.