Consultancy: Heartland Alliance seeks a qualified consultant to conduct a mid-term Organizational and Programmatic Assessment Evaluation for ‘Integrated MARPs HIV Prevention Program’(IMHIPP) presently implemented in five states of Nigeria
Period: May 1 – June 15th 2012 (6 weeks)
Location: Abuja and Local travel as required
Supervision: Deputy Chief of Party
Background: Heartland Alliance Nigeria is implementing a five-year USAID/PEPFAR
HIV Prevention Programm”(IMHIPP), in partnership with local MARPs organizations. The project’s goal is to reduce the impact of HIV/AIDS/STIs on MARPs and their sexual partners by strengthening local organizations to reach MARPs at the grassroots level with critical, high-quality HIV prevention, care and support services.
Scope of Work
This evaluation is to assess progress toward the project’s programmatic and institutional development objectives under the broad headings and to provide recommendations for ongoing actionns and impovement.
1. Review the systems of IMHIPP local partners and the processes that have been put in place to assure the successful implementation of HIV prevention interventions beyond the life of project;
2. Provide an objective analysis of the quality and scope of HIV prevention servicess provided to MARPs and their partners using a network of trained and supported outreach staff and peer educators in the program;
3. Conduct appraisal of service outlets’ structures and effectiveness, as well as the technical capacity of outreach workers to progvide MARPs-sensitve community-based palliative care.
4. Review the projects Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (PMEP) and project indicator data.
5. Assess IMHIPP’s overall contributions and progress made in supporting the creation of MARPs-friendly, targeted service provision in Nigeria at the local, state and Federal levels.
A Master’s degree holder in Public Health or Social Science with demonstrated years of experience in conducting large scale organizational and programmatic evaluation assessments in Nigeria. Previous consulting experience required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified individuals should forward their CVS to: firstname.lastname@example.org
on or before 10th of April,2012. Only shorlisted candidates will be contacted.