APM Terminals is one of the largest container terminal operators in the world. The diverse portfolio includes substantial interests in more than 40 ports around the globe. We continue to actively develop and invest in new projects and opportunities in ports and terminal management. In terms of the future, we are determined to stay at the forefront of our industry by providing value-adding e-business solutions, customer relations management and innovative use of technologies.
APM Terminals commenced operations in Nigeria in March, 2006. Apapa is Nigeria’s largest port and contains a number of wharfs. To date, the staff comprises over 800 highly skilled and motivated foreign and local staff. We stand for operational excellence – from modern equipment, facilities, advanced technology and proven processes and terminal management. We are currently looking for an individual who share our commitment to providing services that are second-to-none.
Job Title: Cluster Finance Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Fully responsible for ensuring that the financial activities at the terminal are aligned with the overall strategy of APMT and that these yield the best possible financial returns.
Oversees development of local policies, procedures and strategic objectives for the Finance function.
Key member of the terminal management team and has a direct influence on the further growth and development of the facility. Provides input for effective strategies for financing of the terminal within operating opportunities and constraints.
(IPE Factors: Impact & Innovation)
- The incumbent is expected to provide measurable input to the terminals business strategy within the limits of the role.
- The position will be responsible for setting and achieving the financial objectives, within the strategy and business plans of the terminal.
- The position is required to continuously analyze complex issues and work towards enhancements on existing practices & procedures and find means to better cost management for the terminal.
- The position has a direct impact on operational and financial dimensions of the terminal.
- Develops and executes the financial strategy of the company, ensuring that the company at all times is profitable, risk protected and financially strong.
- Establishs and enforces procedures to improve working routines, provide high quality and valuable information and analyses to aid decision making, achieve efficiencies in terms of costs and ensure that all subjects relating to the financials of the terminal are dealt with in the most efficient manner.
- Leads and co-ordinates the risk management strategy of the Terminal and makes recommendations to the CEO/MD and management team in the risk assessment and management process.
- Leads the procurement function within the terminal & ensures that effective cost management is achieved within the function.
- Ensures that policies and guidelines are followed in accordance with the company’s strategy and policies established by the Board of Directors.
- Financial supervision of projects including but not limited to investment contracts.
- Ensures that matters within scope of responsibility comply with local Law, Local Regulations and APMT’s Strategy and Culture.
- Ensures and establishs of proper internal controls and manage financial issues relating to shareholders and BOD.
- Manages key suppliers to ensure that cost effective solutions are provided for the terminal.
- Ensures that a proper inventory management system is in place.
- Takes part and contributes in some of the Strategic Initiative project teams.
- Manages, motivates, coachs and instructs departmental staff and fosters interdepartamental communication and co-operation.
(IPE Factor: Knowledge)
- The position requires a professional standard of knowledge to lead teams through functional/general expertise in the finance and associated functions.
- Completed post-graduate studies in Accountancy or Finance management or related business studies.
- Minimum 10 years in finance roles including management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of setting of budgets, reporting, inventory control systems and accounting.
- Understanding of Terminal Operations.
- Understanding of the container shipping industry and an ability to relate with shipping company and other associated industry managers.
- Strategic mindset, ability to drive strategic initiatives.
- Able to provide vision and empowers others to take action by effectively delegating.
- Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives, and promote a team environment.
- Knowledge of French is an added advantage
Method of Application
This position is a local position, based in Lagos, Nigeria and will remain posted until 12/Apr/ 2012.
Please apply through the online by click apply button below and ensure to upload/attach a recent CV. For all internal applications, please note that HR will contact your local HR to request for your staff card upon receipt of your application.