Due to its rapid growth over the years, we are seeking to recruit competent, dynamic and business oriented professionals to fill the following positions in its Business Centre – Institute for Capacity Development – ICAD
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Division / Department: Business Development
Job Reports To: ICAD General Manager
- Developing a marketing plan and strategy for increasing market share and profits.
- Reviewing product coverage and market niche for implementing plans to grow sales volumes and value to ICAD.
- Participating in planning/setting of performance deliverables and business prospecting to identify market niche requirements and develop a shopping list of clients with potential for buy-in.
- Analyzing vital statistics (KPIs) to determine actual business performance and implement improvement measures on areas of negative variance and growth potential.
- Preparing route maps for effective territory coverage and prudent management of operational budgets to minimize expenses.
- Organizing regular business forums with customers to gain understanding of emerging needs and as a way of nurturing close business relations with the clientele in assigned territory.
- Participating in sectoral and national forums dealing with business agenda for business prospecting.
- Undertaking specific research to collect and analyze data on market conditions, client preferences, competitive activity and changes in the industry that may affect sales and advice management.
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys for evaluating client perception and satisfaction index for improvement on service delivery standards.
- Strong business management and strategic planning
- Exceptional communication skills
- Customer care
- Proposal Writing skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Familiarity with MS Office packages, Excel and PowerPoint
- 3 years relevant experience in business development, marketing especially in services, training
- Proven track record of consistent, high performance in marketing and communications, with strong leadership qualities
- A degree in commerce, sales and marketing (or a relevant business field)
- Critical understanding of sales operations
The Director, Human Resources,
P.O. Box 56808 – 00200,
All applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20th April 2012.