APM Terminals is one of the largest container terminal operators in the world. The diverse portfolio includes substantial interests in more than 40 ports around the globe. We continue to actively develop and invest in new projects and opportunities in ports and terminal management. In terms of the future, we are determined to stay at the forefront of our industry by providing value-adding e-business solutions, customer relations management and innovative use of technologies.
APM Terminals commenced operations in Nigeria in March, 2006. Apapa is Nigeria’s largest port and contains a number of wharfs. To date, the staff comprises over 800 highly skilled and motivated foreign and local staff. We stand for operational excellence – from modern equipment, facilities, advanced technology and proven processes and terminal management. We are currently looking for an individual who share our commitment to providing services that are second-to-none.
Job Title: Adult Learning Tutor
Job Ref: 62903
Location: Apapa, Lagos
This position offers an outstanding opportunity to join the global team at APM Terminals Apapa and contribute to the success of the organization. The position reports to the Training Supervisor.
- Plan, design and execute appropriate courses to the learner group with the support of the Training Supervisor.
- Provide educational instruction in assigned subject areas to include reading, writing & simple arithmetic.
- Prepare and administer written, oral and performance tests, and issue grades in accordance with performance.
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra assistance.
- Assign and grade class work and homework
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities
- Maintains the training database, with electronic records of all courses completed by employees with attendance, grades, final report, and so forth. Updates the database as required, but regularly, so that current information is always available.
- Use computers, audiovisual aids and other training equipment and material to supplement presentations.
- Guide and counsel employee with adjustment and /or academic problems, or special academic interests.
- Prepare reports on employees and activities as required by administration
- University Degree in Education, Social Sciences, or related field.
- Requires at least three to five years of experience working in a similar role.
- Requires some previous experience that demonstrates an ability to train others and give instructions.
- Requires the ability to communicate both in English & Pidgin English.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office Tools.
- Highly diligent and committed to the highest standards of professional service.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Caring and motivated by the best interests of his/her students.
- Enthusiasm for the subject material that will foster a love of learning by students.
- Willing to engage in ongoing professional development.
- Ability to relate well to different groups of students of different ages and ability levels.
- Team-player who can collaborate with colleagues.
- A truly international working environment in a modern working location
- Value and team-based leadership
- An open and engaging working environment
- A wide range of international career opportunities
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
- Competitive compensation packages
Method of Application
This position is a local position, based in Lagos, Nigeria and will remain posted until 17/Apr/ 2012.
Please apply through the online by click apply button below and ensure to upload/attach a recent CV. For all internal applications, please note that HR will contact your local HR to request for your staff card upon receipt of your application.